Ashtanga Yoga: A Primary Series Guide 2-DVD Set - David Garrigues
- Produced by: David Garrigues and Joy Marzic
- Format: NTSC
- Region: All regions
- Language: English
- Number of Discs: 2
- DVD Release Date: October 2010
- Run Time: 2 hours 36 minutes (Disc 1); 2 hours 7 minutes (Disc 2)
- In-depth fundamentals: An introduction to the set of practices that form the basis of Ashtanga yoga including: ujjayi (sound) breathing; surya namaskara; vinyasa (synchronizing movement with breath); jumping back and jumping through.
- Led primary series: 1 hour and 30 minute traditionally counted primary series that helps you develop a proper understanding of the rhythm and flow of the primary series vinyasa sequence and cleansing internal heat that stokes the fire of awareness.
- Interviews with David on aging, creativity and other aspects of yoga practice.
- 1 hour and 45 minute primary series with instruction: An inspiring and challenging home practice that centers around the 6 core aspects of the practice: asana (posture), pranayama (free breathing), vinyasa (movement with breath), bandhas (internal locks), dristi (gazing), dhyana (meditation). This session offers a variety of verbal cues for becoming absorbed in the internal practices of Ashtanga yoga; tips for transitioning between postures with flow and alignment; in-depth asana and breathing instruction; insights into devotion and the sacred nature of Ashtanga yoga.
- Asana modifications: This section takes you step by step through many postures of primary series and will teach you how to troubleshoot difficult postures, think creatively to find variations that are right for you, and use props without sacrificing flow.